An off of the beaten path activity, the exploration of Hacienda Ébano, a Natural Reserve and Ranch. The customer will experience a 1km / 0.6 mile short hike through the rainforest, 2 gorgeous waterfalls with natural pools, also stunning mountains and ocean views.
In the trip, the client will have the opportunity to see wildlife such as birds, frogs, and monkeys, also many types of plants, flowers, and trees. The transportation is in a comfortable and safe 4x4 Safari style Truck - the best tool to travel the 10km / 6.2 miles through the big mountains.
The perfect end is to refresh us and swim in the Jade Waterfall, also enjoy next to the river, a Costa Rican authentic lunch wrapped in banana leaf. All in a small group, with the company of local experienced guides committed with client service.
What is included
- Guided waterfalls and rainforest tour to Hacienda Ebano, a Nature Preserve and Ranch
- Costa Rican authentic lunch wrapped in banana leaves
- Live tour commentary provided in English or Spanish
What to bring
- Hiking shoes, tennis or water-shoes (do not use flip flops)
- Insect Repellent
Deperture and return
Santa Juana de Platanillo, Barú, Pérez Zeledón, San José, Costa Rica.
Road 243. 10 km / 6.2 miles from Playa Dominical, on the way to San Isidro PZ.
Next to the Nauyaca Waterfalls entrance, where the yellow big tire is, you will see the Hacienda Ébano and Safari Tropical Tour Reception, we will be next to the road with our Safari Truck.Open Location in Google Maps
HIKING & EBANO WATERFALLS Natural Reserve, short or medium hike in a beautiful path through the Rainforest. At the end of the n1 trail is the Ebano Waterfalls, a double waterfall hidden in the Rainforest. 2.5 hours
THE LOOKOUT: Ocean and Mountains views, we will reach it by the safari truck, the Big Mango Lookout is a beautiful spot in the top of the mountain, we will enjoy the view to Punta Dominical Bay, Caño island, Diamante Waterfall, ant the blue mountains. 30 minutes
FARM HOUSE: We can stop for use the restroom or refill water.
JADE WATERFALL & LUNCH: Our final stop, another refreshin time in a waterfall, and later, a delicious authentic Costa Rican lunch rapped in banana leaves. 1 hour
About the Hiking
The trail is well maintained, there are a couple of slopes but it's mainly flat. Two bridges, ropes, and handrails will help you and keep you safe. A person in normal shape without any training or hiking experience can do it. It's not recommended to take the hike for people with recent surgeries, knees or health problems, or for sensitive seniors. Fortunately, there is the No Hike tour version.
No Hike tour version
Our customers will enjoy a Costa Rican coffee at the tranquil Ranch House, instead of the hike to the Ebano Waterfalls, but they still have the chance to visit the Jade Waterfall, which is very close to the Safari Truck road, we are very lucky of enjoying this feature. Remember to select this tour option when you book.
- If have to cancel, we will do our best to accomodate the cliet in another date, if not refunded policies will be applied
- Cancellation fee of 100% is charged if cancelled 2 days (48 hours) or less before the event
- Cancellation fee of 15% is charged if cancelled more than 2 days (48 hours) before the event
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a refund
Know before go
- Please remember this is a Authentic Nature experience, you could get your shoes dirty, sweat or get wet by some rain
- No wheelchair accessibility
- Children lessthan 1 year are not allowed
- Seniors or not walkers tour version available, please choose the option when booking
If you have any questions write to us now, we will answer as soon as possible